Monday, December 21, 2015

Toddler's Christmas Felt Tree


Like many moms, I have discovered the joys and pitfalls of Pinterest. I quickly started creating many boards of all different topics including enough birthday party ideas for my two littles to last into their teens.

For now winter crafts and activities, specifically Christmas, has received a lot of attention as I am very determined to start doing more organized activities with my toddler as he gets older. After pinning everything from coloring pages to paper roll crafts, I stumbled across something I wanted to make him.  A Felt Christmas Tree.


I found several examples but the one I really liked was Vicki's from Nap Time Magic: Toddler Christmas Tree because it was movable. This was a key factor because I had to make sure that my toddler could play with it away from my 8 month old.

So far the tree has been a success with my guy. He has a set of felt ornaments I made specifically for the tree and some other felt animals and letters that were left from a cloth book project. Typical of any child, he is using the ornaments both on and off of the tree so it is getting twice the use which is great of any 'toy.'


Materials


  • 1 yard of green felt 
  • 1 tri-fold display board
  • felt of various colors (dependent on your ornament choices)
  • Emobordiary thread (if you wish to sew embellishments onto your ornaments)
  • Velcro with adhesive (Instead of gluing my tree to the display board, I use Velcro so that way I could create other felt scenes later.) 
  • general craft supplies (scissors, glue, needle, paper, etc) 

Our Tree 



Organizing the ornaments 


The star has to go on top.



Some Ornaments 




Christmas Felt Tree Ideas 

Winter Crafts

Ornament Ideas 

Felt Ornaments




No comments:

Post a Comment