Friday, July 15, 2016

Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie

I have made this recipe several times and adapted it each time to fit the ingredients we had on hand. The original recipe I modified is from Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie.

After peeling and cutting the potatoes, you line them along the bottom.

 Then you put in the frozen chicken (it will take longer to cook if you use frozen ingredients) and cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup.

Then I used fresh baby carrots and cut them in half.

After I added some frozen vegetables and let it cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. After cooking for about 6 hours, I did cut up the chicken to make sure if thoroughly cooked. Please remember to to check the temperature of your chicken before serving.

Here is the finished product. I recommend serving it with rolls. 


Ingredients


  • 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom soup) 
  • 1 can of milk/water 
  • 3-4 potatoes, peeled and chopped 
  • carrots 
  • bag of frozen veggies (I have used mixed veggies and just corn) 
  • seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder) 
  • celery (optional) 

No comments:

Post a Comment