Beef Starter Recipe - modified (original from Freezer Pleasers Cookbook)
- 3 lbs ground beef (or thereabouts)
- onion powder (approximately 1 and 1/2 teaspoon)
- garlic powder (approximately 1/2 teaspoon)
- 12 oz bottle of chili sauce
- 1 envelope of brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix
- salt (sprinkle)
- Cook beef with onion and garlic powder till no longer pink; drain (please make sure your food is thoroughly cooked)
- Add chili sauce and 2 envelopes of mixes
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes
- Cool and keep about 3 cups for peppers and freeze the rest for up to 3 months
- Beef Starter Mix (see above)
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice (I use instant rice)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- dash of pepper
- green peppers
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine beef, rice, tomato sauce and pepper in a bowl.
- Clean peppers (remove top & seeds).
- Spoon beef mixture in each pepper.
- Place in microwave safe dish and cover loosely.
- Cook on high 7 to 9 minutes (rotating peppers about half way) or until peppers are tender.
- Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
We saved some white rice to serve plain to my toddler and one year old. I also cooked carrots and corn as vegetables on the side. My little gal amazed me with eating all of her corn but barely touching her rice.
I have used a variety of recipes from Taste of Home Freezer Pleasers Cookbook for both before and after my daughter was born.
Please make sure your food is completely cooked and at the proper temperature before enjoying it. Please make not of any food allergies in your family.