Friday, May 13, 2016

Belated Mother's Day Beef Stuffed Peppers

Before my daughter was born I pre-made a variety of freezer meals from Taste of Home Freezer Pleasers Cookbook so we would have easy meals during her early days with us. A hit with my family was the Beef Stuffed Peppers which I have modified even more to fit the needs of our family.  I made these last night as a belated Mother's Day dinner to share with my mom.


Basic Beef Starter Recipe - modified (original from Freezer Pleasers Cookbook)
Ingredients

  • 3 lbs ground beef (or thereabouts) 
  • onion powder (approximately 1 and 1/2 teaspoon)
  • garlic powder  (approximately 1/2 teaspoon) 
  • 12 oz chili sauce
  • 1 envelope of brown gravy mix
  • 1 envelope of onion soup mix 
  • salt (sprinkle) 


  1. Cook beef with onion and garlic powder till no longer pink; drain
  2. Add chili sauce and 2 envelopes of mixes 
  3. Cook for approximately 10 minutes 
  4. Cool and keep about 3 cups for peppers and freeze the rest for up to 3 months 


Stuffed Peppers Recipe - modified (original from Freezer Pleasers Cookbook)
Ingredients

  • Basic Beef Starter (see above) 
  • 1 1/2 cup cooked rice 
  • 8 oz tomato sauce
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper 
  • 4 green peppers (I only use 3 because I do not have mine in a pepper) 
  • shredded cheddar cheese 
  1. Combine beef, rice, tomato sauce and pepper in a bowl

  1. Clean peppers (remove top & seeds) 
  2. Spoon beef mixture in each pepper
  3. Place in microwave safe dish and cover loosely 
  4. Cook on high 7 to 9 minutes (rotating peppers about half way) or until peppers are tender 
  5. Let stand for 3 minutes
  6. Sprinkle with cheese 


The left over beef starter with rice can be served plain without the pepper for those who don't like peppers - like myself and my toddler.

We saved some white rice to serve plain to my toddler and one year old.  I also cooked carrots and corn as vegetables on the side.  My little gal amazed me with eating all of her corn but barely touching her rice.

I have used a variety of recipes from Taste of Home Freezer Pleasers Cookbook (link to Amazon.com) for both before and after my daughter was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment