Friday, July 15, 2016

Cooking Quest - Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie


I have made this recipe several times and adapted it each time to fit the ingredients we had on hand. The original recipe I modified is from Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie.

After peeling and cutting the potatoes, you line them along the bottom.

peeled and cut potatoes in the bottom of the slower cooker

Then you put in the frozen chicken (it will take longer to cook if you use frozen ingredients) and cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup.

frozen chicken and can of soup in the slow cooker

Then I used fresh baby carrots and cut them in half.

Carrots in the slower cooker

After I added some frozen vegetables, I let it cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. After cooking for about 6 hours, I did cut up the chicken to make sure it thoroughly cooked.

Safety tip! Please remember to to check the temperature of your chicken before serving.

Chicken pot pie in the slower cooker

Here is the finished product. I recommend serving it with rolls. 

Chicken Pot Pie in the slow cooker

I linked up with the following blog(s): 



No comments:

Post a Comment