1. Gather all your materials.
2. Children draw on the coffee filters using markers.
3. Spray the coffee filters with water.
4. Allow to dry.
5. Cut out patterns to create snowflakes.
6. Laminate snowflake sun catchers. (optional)
7. Hang in windows.
I love how simple this craft is but that it also creates something beautiful to hang in the window all winter long.
My daughter tried out each marker on her hands prior to using it to color the coffee filter.
My son and daughter had already done a similar craft with coffee filters for Halloween, so they got right down to the business of drawing.
I drew a tree on one for my son to decorate and we talked about ornaments, garland, and what to put on top of the tree.
Older children can cut out the snowflake designs themselves. It's Always Autumn has a free video and templates helping you and your children cut out interesting snowflake patterns.
Here a few cute snowflake pattern books. Personally, we haven't tried any of these books.