There are so many different children's books that have giraffes as a central figure. Since we have another of them ourselves, I decided we would make our own giraffes to hang in our home.
1. Gather all your materials.
2. I pre-cut all the shapes for my children as they are still building their scissor skills. If your children are proficient with scissors, you could trace the shapes on the paper for them or even have them draw their own shapes for their giraffe.
3. Cut or tear the tissue paper to create grass and then glue onto the background paper.
4. Glue on the largest oval for the body of the giraffe.
5. Glue on one of the long rectangles for the neck (I marked one of the five rectangles with the letter 'N' so I would make sure I knew which one was the neck).
6. Glue on the smaller oval for the head of the giraffe.
7. Glue on the ears and then the horns.
8. Glue on the legs and tail of the giraffe.
9. Glue on the spots. If you have time, you can make the spots less like circles and more like actual giraffe spots.
10. Draw the face of your giraffe.
11. Proudly hang your new giraffe masterpiece in your home!
|Pin for later!|