Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Getting Ready

A Mom's Quest to Teach Logo and text of Getting Ready


I am a person who likes to be very organized. For example, when I was teaching high school, I had a binder for each chapter or topic as well as a folder on my laptop. 

So that is where I started my journey in teaching my toddler – organizing everything. I got a small binder filled it with paper, tabs, and folders and started taking notes. I set it aside for a few weeks as life took me on other journeys. When I wanted it, I couldn't find it. I spent several days looking everywhere. Thankfully it didn't disappear into the void and I did find it again. But that often seems the pattern for my life. When I need something, it vanishes. 

Getting started is an exciting adventure but the path to it is too frequently filled with obstacles.

Image of waterwheel: text  A Mom's Quest to Teach


August 2018 

What is really strange is I try to look at that obstacles differently. I am amazed at the changes that have taken place in my own outlook on life during this quest to teach our children. 


No comments:

Post a Comment