Monday, May 16, 2016

Crafts: Mother's Day Wreath

Egg Carton floral wreath

For Mother's Day, my son and I made wreaths for my son's grandmothers and his Godmother.  I originally got the idea from spring wreaths made of egg carton flowers.  Since I knew how great cardboard egg cartons are for crafts, I had been saving our old ones for quite a while.  I used a total of three and cut them into separate sections.




Materials 



  • Cardboard egg cartons
  • Scissors
  • Paper plates
  • Paint and supplies
  • Fasteners (or other attaching supplies)


Egg cartons being cut up          separated egg carton                      pieces of an egg carton


Steps 



My son painted the flowers in two sessions.  The first time he had to be encouraged to paint the inside of the flower and during our second painting session he was really interested in painting the plates.

Painting the egg carton painting the egg carton


After they dried, I attached the flowers to the paper plates using fasteners because it was a material I had at hand.  One could use glue or pipe cleaners and buttons to make the wreaths even fancier or if your crafty kid is older than mine (almost 3).

Painted egg cartons 

Egg carton floral wreath

All told the project would take maybe two hours painting with 10 minutes prep time and 20 minutes to attach them to plates.

I wasn't concerned that they look too perfect because they are supposed to be from a toddler - not his mom.


Inspiration
Creative Egg Carton Crafts

I linked up with the following blog(s):


Other Mother's Day Posts on A Mom's Quest to Teach 





No comments:

Post a Comment