Creating masks is a favorite craft time activity for my little ones. This week we created lambs.
- cotton balls
- pink construction paper
- white paper plates
- white construction paper
- Popsicle sticks
1. Gather all materials.
2. Cut circle out of paper plate to create a mask.
3. Glue on cotton balls around edges to create fur.
4. Cut out ear shapes (pink and white).
5. Glue ears onto the back of the paper plates.
6. Attach a handle for the child to hold their mask.
Our lambs look a bit more like rabbits but that is okay with my kids. They knew they were their lamb masks. Just proves that kids don't really care about the end product, as long as everyone had fun during the process and got to spend time together.
And in the end, my daughter didn't want to use her mask for a photograph.
Danya Banya's Paper Plate Sheep Masks for Kids
Teaching Nook's Animal Crafts (including a lamb mask)
Dollar Tree's In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb
Looking for more activities for your preschooler or toddler?
Work on fine motor skills by creating weather bottles or practice buttoning with a felt ribbon snake.