How I Teach a High Schooler
- High schoolers are pretty self-sufficient.
- Even though they can do things on their own, you still should check in with them. Whether that is through reminders sent or daily chats, you can easily find their struggles and missing assignments through communication.
- Communication is key.
- Allow them to participate in course selection when possible.
- Don't be afraid to change things if you need to during the homeschool year.
How I Teach an Elementary-Aged Child
- Be prepared to change things if they are not working.
- Allow for time for siblings to work together and work independently. (Or if you belong to a co-op, make sure you have some courses that you do alone at home.)
- School when your children are ready. You do not have to start at 7 am or be finished by 3 pm. You can school after dinner if you want or need to.
How I Teach a Preschooler
- Preschoolers are never predictable.
- Keep things simple with games, toys, etc., that you already own.
- If you want to use a curriculum, you can!