While talking about letters, we create a very simple craft this spring.
1. Gather all your materials.
2. Trace the letter G onto a piece of paper or print out the letter G from an online worksheet. I wrote the following poem on their page: Green Grass Grows in the Garden.
3. Cut out pieces of tissue paper or construction paper to glue onto the letter G for the grass.
4. Glue on the pieces of tissue paper or construction paper onto the letter G.
5. Display the completed project!
Do you have an older child who is interested in plants? Why not check out SchoolhouseTeachers.com's Botany Course?
And the great thing is Botany is not just for students planning on a career in science. The topics covered are perfect for a student interested in gardening as a hobby or those who wish to supplement the family food supply with a vegetable garden. The course itself can be completed in 16 weeks. Students are introduced to individuals like Gregor Mendel, Carl Linneaus, and George Washington Carver as well as being taught about plants can be used as medicine and how plants defend themselves. There are also two unit tests to aid your student in assessing their mastery of the knowledge.
If you are looking for a great opportunity for your family, why not become a member of SchoolhouseTeachers.com and get access to over 400 courses, like Botany, for your children.