- paper plates
- brown paint
- paint brushes
- brown and red construction paper
- red pom pom
- large googly eyes
1. Gather your materials.
2. Paint plates brown.
|The green pieces are for another craft.|
3. Trace child's hands onto the brown construction paper.
4. Draw and cut out the ears.
5. Glue the reindeer ears together.
6. Attach the ears to paper plate. (I used glue to attach everything. But you could also staple paper items to the plate.)
7. Glue on the pom pom nose and eyes.
8. Display your reindeer.
Resources and Ideas
Making Learning Fun – Here is another version made using different size paper plates. It is attached with staples. (This site has a lot of resources available for a variety of topics. I have only scratched the surface myself.)
How Wee Learn – There are a variety of paper plate crafts provided with pictures and a link to the original post. A great resource for last minute crafting ideas.
Education.com's Make a Paper Plate Reindeer – This is the original idea I was using as a guideline for my own craft. Education.com has a PDF file available for download as well as the instructions on their page for this craft.
Or if you wish to still do a reindeer craft but forgo the paper plate, here is a cute toilet paper roll craft from The Resourceful Mama.
Here are few cute items to use for the craft, instead of this craft, and to complement this craft. We have the Rudolph book and our two children love it. Especially when my husband reads it using voices from the television show.