Learning about the seasons can be a lot of fun and there are so many great books available to read aloud as a family like Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner and Mark Buehner. In this children's story, our narrator explains why his snowman changes shape at night during an evening of fun.
Explore the real reasons why snowmen change shape over time. Discuss melting and refreezing of snow and water.
There are so many great ideas to incorporate physical activities into your homeschool from Snowmen at Night.
- Snowball fight – you could even accomplish this inside without any snow by using soft materials like pom-poms
Crafting and Activities
- Share your favorite winter-themed jokes
- Learn how to knit a scarf
- Make a real or pretend hat
- Make and drink hot cocoa (or let it get cold to see how the snowmen liked their ice-cold cocoa)
- Build a snowman
- Decorate a snowman based upon what they like to do at night using my free download!
Snow and Music
Children love music! And there are a variety of snow-related songs beyond those we sing around the Christmas holidays.
Looking for more snow-themed posts?
We created snowflake sun-catchers and decorated a door and I have a collection of Winter-themed posts you can check out here.
I also linked up with Timberdoodle!