Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Wordless Wednesday: Abraham Lincoln

Text: Wordless Wednesday: Abraham Lincoln; flowers in background

Looking through older photographs, I discovered some from a trip in the mid-1990s to Washington D.C. If you want to read more about Abraham Lincoln or the Navy during the American Civil War, I have written several posts on these topics. 

photograph of Lincoln Memorial in D.C.

Ford's Theatre sign in D.C.

Inside Ford's Theatre

Room where Lincoln died (D.C.)

Text: Wordless Wednesday; A Mom's Quest to Teach; bed where Lincoln died



5 comments:

  1. I would love to visit these places. Beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those places are so interesting to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved to have visited there, but it is highly unlikely that will happen now.
    https://allatseawithme.blogspot.com/2020/12/wordless-wednesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had been by Ford's Theatre many, many years ago, before its most recent renovation. I'd love to see it now. I was fortunate enough to be able to see the Preliminary Emancipation Proclamation documents when they were displayed for several days where I worked in Binghamton, New York during the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. It was an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I visited D.C. for the first time almost two years ago with teens from our co-op. I wish we could have seen more places, but it was a whirlwind trip!

    ReplyDelete